Thursday, December 18, 2008

SEVEN POUNDS

Plot:

Seven Pounds takes you on the journey of Ben Thomas (Smith), an IRS agent with a mysterious secret who sets out to impact the lives of seven strangers by giving them each a very special and well needed gift. Though he wishes to remain distant from the seven gift receivers, one, Emily Posa (Dawson) proves to be an exception with her feisty but charming ways, shebasically steals his heart causing him to fall in love with her. But it was not easy due to Ben's rude,sarcastic and snappy ways. Choosing to become reclusive, he even avoids his only brother played by Michael Ealy, leaving his luxurious home to stay in a rundown motel. Keeping mostly in contact with his childhood friend Dan (Pepper) who must carry out all his requests pertaining to the seven people whose lives he is about to change.

Reel Talk:

Look! I'm a grown ass man, but Will Smith be trying to break a brother down with these heart touching movies. I mean first it was The Pursuit Of Happiness, I am Legend and even Hancock, that provided some sentimental moments that had me choking up with emotion, Will is showing some powerful acting versatility. Thou this was a slow movie it is a very emotional film, touching some nerves and raising some self-checking question about ourselves. This was even a step up from previous roles for Rosario Dawson who did a wonderful job as Emily. Let me also give a shout out to Grant Nieporte who wrote the script, which offers some creative originality to this movie. You will most definitely want to take something, a hanky or extra napkins from the concession stand just to be ready. But let me clear up that I was only wiping my eyes because of the dust flying around in the theater, I was not crying.

Starring: Will Smith, Rosario Dawson, Woody Harrelson, Michael Ealy and Barry Pepper
Directed by: Gabriele Muccino
Rated: PG-13

I give it 4 corndogs

By: Corndog - The Reel Hustler

No comments: