Saturday, November 1, 2008

To Love or To Leave

To Love or To Leave, O.M.G! If I don't hear this a million times in a week. You see even though my friends seem to think I give the best advice, this question floored me. I couldn't really give an efficient answer because honestly I'm confused myself. . .. I know . . .I know. Yes I'm confused shocking isn't it!

It got me to thinking about my young fresh ,coming into our own Twenty Something Generation and I've figured it out. Still confused but, now I have a complete understanding of why.

Now as Children we learn once burned by the hot iron never to touch again. Mentally without us even realizing our subconscious mind just won't let us touch. I believe this to be true with emotions. Once burned, dogged out, ran over, played however you want to put it. Our good friend (Subconscious Mind) is like, Hey wait a minute. I remember we did something similar to this and it had a bad effect. If we choose to ignore this and proceed we're cautious and scared. Vowing to never let ourselves be that vulnerable again.

We're geniuses we think! Building imaginary walls and creating rules which we begin to live by. Buying our first class tickets for confusion. We're ready to join the nightlife of temptation.

Often swept off our feet in love on Friday. And highly annoyed by Monday. We play games as if there's not a care in the world. Then complain to an audience that there's no one worth loving around. Time passes us with rose colored vision while everything appears to be in our favor until reality approaches. Introducing a sweet gentle kiss of a new life. Do we stand our ground holding firm to our current Supreme Single Status, or do we crumble. Breaking every rule we worked so hard to establish.

We do a dance of dozens leading on both ends. No one wanting to appear the weaker so we put our love on lockdown (Check out Kayne's latest single. The man clearly has a point).

But, love is a strange thing and resistances are weakened once you've met your match. ( F. Y. I : People, every swagged person is not your Match). The blinders come off and suddenly the road doesn't seem so confusing after all. Finally seeing that we are truly the key holders to our destiny. We began to live life as intended breaking rules and creating our own path to happiness.

I believe once we realize that each person and relationship is different and should be judged separately from any other experience. We will see that love has no particular path which to follow it's wild and spontaneous. Most importantly it's what we make it.

So Keep an open and cautious mind.


One love,
Nesha Star

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nesh I'm glad to finally see you posted something. Keep up the good work and I hope you post often

Anonymous said...

I like . . . . I like Keep posting

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I agree with you as well Nesha. Just because we may have been hurt in the past doesn't mean we will be hurt again in our current quest for love. Like you said, each relationship should be judged separately and independently from the others. Otherwise we may never find happiness.
Good work Nesha!

Anonymous said...

When its real you will know. Tell me more

Anonymous said...

You always say that you are a good writer, I never believed you because I didn't have the chance to read any of your writings. I am very surprised that you had the guts to post something since I could never read any of your writings. Keep up the good work and please please post more. I truly love this blog because I can relate to it you said what I was thinking and wanted to say but I didn't have the courage to say it. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey BF!! Of course u know I agree all the conversations we have!! Trust I've let down my imaginary walls and its a beautiful thing! U shouldnt half love someone who loves u %100 without a doubt jus bcuz of someone in ur past did a half way job on there shift! U live, learn, and GET OVER IT!! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Star,

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

"Men are from Mars,Women are from Venus"

When two people understand that it's much more of a compatible relationship with respect and Love for each other.

FYI-OK
Al

PS: You are a writer! Awesome

Anonymous said...

Well Nesha, Well Said! Excellent!!!!